The Easiest Way To Get Rid Of Rodent Infestations In Grays Harbor County
January 15, 2022
Rodents like deer mice, house mice, Norway rats, roof rats, and sometimes squirrels are typical home and business invaders. They pose many threats to any property they infest. These dangers include damage and health concerns.
- To keep their teeth from overgrowing, rodents need to chew frequently. This means they will chew through materials found in your homes like insulation, drywall, wood, and more.
- Chewing through wires and pipes can cause fire and flood hazards.
- Not only will rodents ruin the property itself, but they will also damage personal belongings like furniture, rugs, and clothing.
- Rodents spread diseases like tularemia, rat-bite fever, leptospirosis, and salmonellosis.
- They can also spread parasites like fleas and ticks, which cause other problems and can lead to Lyme disease, among other diseases.
- Contamination of food and services with urine, feces, and saliva is another concern that can make people sick.
All Grays Harbor Country property owners should know what they are up against regarding rodents in the Grays Harbor County area.
Why Rodents And How Rodents Invade
Rodents are cunning and opportunistic pests. Due to their long history of human dependency, rodents rely on people for food, water, and shelter. So, if your property provides these necessities for them, they will do their best to get inside. Plus, they only need a hole the size of a penny to get in, making it easy for the pest to infest a home or business.
Once they are inside, rodents will make themselves at home, using materials from your property to create their own living space and reproduce. Before you know it, many rodents are running around.
Why Getting Rid Of Rodents Is Challenging
Getting rid of a rodent infestation is no easy task and is nearly impossible to do independently. This is for several reasons:
- Rodents are prolific breeders, which means there is never just one or two, but many that you might not see.
- Store-bought traps and baits won’t get rid of entire infestations.
- They are great at hiding, making it difficult to find all of the pests, especially if your home is cluttered.
- Rodents can squeeze through tiny cracks, so keeping them out can be difficult.
Instead of trying to get rid of rodents on your own, which is not only challenging but can be dangerous too, you should leave this up to the professionals. Contacting Beacon Pest Control is the safest and most effective way to get rid of rodents on your Grays Harbor County property.
With Beacon Pest Control, you can expect reliable and trustworthy customer service, so contact us today for a free estimate and get started with the services you need.
Why Rodent Prevention Is Important
If you want to prevent future infestations from happening, there are several preventative measures you should consider taking, such as:
- Inspecting and sealing any potential entry points in your home’s foundation or exterior walls.
- Installing screens and weather stripping on windows and doors.
- Fill in gaps around utility lines and use vent covers.
- Use trash cans with tight-fitting lids.
- Store dry foods in airtight containers and produce in the refrigerator.
- Remove bird feeders and other animal feeders from your property.
- Sweep and wipe down your kitchen and other eating areas regularly to remove food debris.
- Keep your home clutter-free and organized.
- Remove organic waste from your yard by cutting back excess foliage and cleaning up leaves.
- Address any moisture issues.